Beauty illustrated by an analysis and classification of beauty in woman, with a critical view of the hypotheses of Hume, Hogarth, Burke, Knight, Alison, etc. And of the hypotheses of beauty in sculpture and painting, by Leonardo da Vinci, Winckelmann, Mengs, Bossi, etc. By Alexander Walker. Illustrated by drawings from life by Henry Howard ... Drawn on stone by M. Gauci and R. J. Lane ...
- London, Henry G. Bohn, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, , 372 p. col. front., XXII (i. e. 23) col. plates. 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHQ1219 W3 1852View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- 1st edition, London, 1836.
"C. and J. Adlard, printers."
Plate XVI by C. T. Barris.--Cf. 1836 edition.
Additional plate numbered XVIb.
- Subject Terms:
- Adlard (C. and J.) -- Printer.Beauty, Personal.Bohn, Henry G. -- Publisher.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Women.
- Lithotints -- 1852.
YCBA Collections Search
Walker, Alexander, 1779-1852, Beauty illustrated by an analysis and classification of beauty in woman,, 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.