Wilson, Thomas, solicitor, agent to Lord Portman, A catalogue raisonné of the select collection of engravings of an amateur, 1828
A catalogue raisonné of the select collection of engravings of an amateur.
- London [C. Richards] 1828.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., iii, iii p., 1 leaf, -279, xii p. mounted front., mounted ill., plate. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1422 G7 W58+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Authorship from British Museum Catalogue.
Frontispiece, plate, illustrations and initials by Henry Hays, Henry Warren, Frank Howard, Mr. Periam, George Cruikshank, Richard Sawyer and W. B. Tifpin after Leonardo da Vinci, Giulio Campagnola, Sachtleven, Rembrandt, Noé or Noel Garnier, Claude Lorraine, Faithorne, and John Payne.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of Baron Northwick. Copy 2 (27 cm.) has the bookplate of Mexborough and a presentation inscription from the author to James Major. In copy 2 many of the entries have been annotated with prices.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Catalogs.Etching -- Specimens -- 1828.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1828.Major, James -- Pres. insc. from the author.Mexborough, Earls of -- Bookplate.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Richards, C. -- Publisher.Wilson, Thomas, solicitor, agent to Lord Portman -- Art collections.Wilson, Thomas, solicitor, agent to Lord Portman -- Pres. insc. to James Major.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.