A folio of Shakespeare engravings taken from the drawings by Henry William Bunbury and presented to H. R. H. the Duchess of York; with a foreword by Sir William Napier Bunbury, Bart. Edited by John Bailey.
- London, Ariel Press [c 1978]
- Physical Description:
-  p. ill. (ports.) 20 col. plates. 49 x 56 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B P1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half title: Shakespeare engravings.
Guard sheets have descriptive letterpress.
"An edition limited to 500 copies of which this is copy number 107."
Printed and bound by K. G. Lohse, Frankfurt am Main.
Plates originally published 1792-5 by Thos. Macklin.
Plates by Ignatius Joseph Vandenbergh, William Satchwell Leney, John Chapman, Francesco Bartolozzi, Shenner, J. Coles, Robert Mitchell Meadows, Thomas Cheesman, William Nelson Gardiner, Peltro William Tomkins, Michele Benediti, Benjamin Duterow, and Thomas Macklin; after the author.
- Subject Terms:
- Ariel Press -- Publisher.Macklin, Thos. -- Printer.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Illustrations.
YCBA Collections Search
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, A folio of Shakespeare engravings, [c 1978]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.