Stoddart, John, 1773-1856, Remarks on local scenery & manners in Scotland during the years 1799 and 1800,, 1801
Remarks on local scenery & manners in Scotland during the years 1799 and 1800, by John Stoddart ...
- London, William Miller, 1801.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. col. plates, fold. map. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA855 S8View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engraved t.-p.'s, with vignettes.
Map engraved by Neele.
Plates by W. Poole, and Merigot; after the author, Nattes, Williams, Wilson, and Girtin.
"Printed by S. Gosnell."
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has an unidentified bookplate with motto: Pro Rege et patria. Copy 2, in which the half-titles are wanting, has the autograph of John Lawrie, dated 1804. In copy 2, all plates are present in both colored and uncolored states.
Abbey, Scenery, 483 (copy 1: Abbey copy).
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1801.Gosnell, S. -- Printer.Lawrie, John -- Autograph, 1804.Miller, William -- Publisher.Scotland -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Scotland -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1801.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.