The Illustrated London News grand panorama of the Great Exhibition of All Nations, 1851, 1851
The Illustrated London News grand panorama of the Great Exhibition of All Nations, 1851.
- Additional Title(s):
Illustrated London news.
- London : Illustrated London News, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) : col. ill. ; 29 x 710 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT690 .I4 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Continuous strip view mounted on linen, showing two parallel views of the Great Exhibition with descriptive text at foot. The panorama is preceded by chromolithographed diagrams drawn by Lance Corpl. J. Mack (and lithographed by Day & Son) documenting the number of visitors over the course of the Exhibition.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 591
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Rolled on original wooden spool with blue linen wrappers on which the title is lettered in silver.
- Subject Terms:
- Day & Son -- Printer.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)Illustrated London News -- Publisher.Panoramas, Published -- Specimens.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1851.
Panorama -- England -- London -- 1852.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.