IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bisset, J. (James), 1762?-1832, A poetic survey round Birmingham;, 
A poetic survey round Birmingham; with a brief description of the different curiosities and manufactories of the place. Intended as a guide to strangers. By J. Bisset ... Accompanied by A magnificent directory; with the names, professions, &c. superbly engraved in emblematic plates.
- Birmingham [England] Printed for the author by Swinney and Hawkins; sold by T. Heptinstall, London, Swinney and Hawkins, Birmingham, and all other booksellers 
- Physical Description:
- viii, -62,  p. front. (map) 27 plates. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B6 B5View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- The directory has its own t.-p.
Added t.-p., engraved, dated 1800, has title: Bisset's grand national directory.
Map after drawing by Js. Sherriff.
Plates by or after T. Hancock, F. Eginton, Reynolds, Smith, Howe, and Hollins.
Head- and tail-pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Birmingham (England) -- Directories.Birmingham (England) -- Guidebooks.Birmingham (England) -- Poetry.Bisset, J. (James), 1762?-1832 -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1800.Heptinstall, T. -- Publisher.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1800.Swinney and Hawkins -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.