Twenty-two plates, illustrative of various interesting scenes, in the plays of Shakespeare, engraved by Bartolozzi, Tomkins, Cheeseman, Meadows &c. &c. from the designs of the late Henry Bunbury, esq. in the possession of ... the Duchess of York.
- London, Published originally by the late T. Macklin, sold by J. Nichols and Son; [etc., etc., 1811?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. l., 22 plates 58 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B P3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Imprint date determined from forms of booksellers' names as found and dated in Maxted and Todd.
Plates by N. Gardiner, J. J. Vandenbergh, Shenner, Leney, T. Cheesman, F. Bartolozzi, J. Chapman, Beneditte, R. M. Meadows, P. W. Tomkins, J. Coles, Duterrow, or T. Macklin; after Henry Bunbury.
Exhibited: "Works of Genius: Amateur Artists in Walpole's Circle," at The Lewis Walpole Library, Farmington, CT, September 2009 - March 2010.
- Subject Terms:
- Macklin, Thos. -- Publisher.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Illustrations.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1811?.
YCBA Collections Search
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, Twenty-two plates, illustrative of various interesting scenes,, 1811?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.