Northcote, James, 1746-1831, Memoirs of Sir Joshua Reynolds, KNT. ... , 1813
- Memoirs of Sir Joshua Reynolds, KNT. ... : comprising original anecdotes of many distinguished persons, his contemporaries, and a brief analysis of his discourses : to which are added, Varieties on art / by James Northcote.
- London : Printed for Henry Colburn, British and Foreign Public Library, Conduit-Street, Hanover-Square; and sold by George Goldie, Edinburgh; and John Cumming, Dublin, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- , 418, clxxvii,  p,  leaves of plates : ill., port., facsim. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.R4 N8 1813+ Copy 1 OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.R4 N8 1813+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Jules D. Prown, MAH 1971Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Robert Cooper and James Storer; after Sir Joshua Reynolds, John Jackson and Samuel Prout.
Printed by James Gillet, Crown-court, Fleet-Street, London.
"List of the historical and fancy subjects, together with some of the most illustrious and eminent portraits, executed by Sir Joshua Reynolds":  p. at end.
BEIN: Bound with: his Supplement to the Memoirs of the life ... of Sir Joshua Reynolds. London, 1815.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in later quarter calf. Copy 2 bound in half brown calf and marbled boards. Binder's ticket: Bound at Collings's Library, Saville Row, Bath. Bookplate: Jules David Prown. Inscribed: Ursula M. [illegible], from her father.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Great Britain -- 18th century.Art -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Colburn, Henry -- Printer.Collings's Library -- Binder. (BACRB Copy 2)Engraving -- Specimens -- 1813.Gillet, James -- Printer.Prown, Jules David -- Provenance. (BACRB Copy 2)Reynolds, Joshua, Sir, 1723-1792.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1813.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.