The Historical and local new Bath guide, containing an accurate description of the public buildings, institutions, and amusements of the city; with observations on the medicinal use of the Bath waters, by Sir George Smith Gibbes, M. D. ...
- Bath, C. Duffield [ca. 1832]
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. ., 176 (i. e. 182),  p. fold. front (map) plates, fold. plan. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B3 H6 1832Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- The date 1832 is mentioned on pages 58 and 64.
Numerous errors in paging.
Advertising matter, including advertising cards:  p. and 34 plates at end.
Illustrations by J. Kennerley, William Johnstone White, Wright, George Hollis, Samuel Springsguth, Robert Alford, Charles Marsh, William Gingell, John Weston, William Daniel Ley, John Lockyer Huntly, Christopher Eastman, Henry Mutlow, Charles Wilkinson, and Poore & Co.; after G. Miller, Hugh O'Neill, J. Roberts, Joseph Hollway, J. C. Buckler, and Turnbull.
Pages - printed by Higman.
Some plates published by Barratt & Son. One plate published by John Ford.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising cards -- England -- Bath -- Specimens.Barratt & Son -- Publisher.Duffield, C. -- Publisher.Ford, John -- Publisher.Higman, -- Printer.Shirley, Evelyn Philip, 1812-1882 -- Autograph.
- Wood engravings -- ca. 1832.
Engravings -- ca. 1832.
Stipple engravings -- ca. 1832.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.