Britton, John, 1771-1857, The history and antiquities of the abbey, and cathedral church of Gloucester;, 1836
- The history and antiquities of the abbey, and cathedral church of Gloucester; illustrated by a series of engravings of views, elevations, plans, and details of that edifice; with biographical anecdotes of eminent persons connected with the establishment. By John Britton ...
- London, M. A. Nattali, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 88, 18,  p. ill., XXII plates (incl. plans) 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5461 B7 v.12+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- I̲n̲ his Cathedral antiquities. London, 1816-1836, v. 12.
"A list of books, essays, and prints, which have been published relating to Gloucester Cathedral. Also a list of engraved portraits of its bishops."--p. 84-87.
"An essay on the abbey of Gloucester, illustrative of certain customs, privileges, and manners of the monks of that house.", signed J. W. (i. e. John Webb)--p. 1-18 at end.
With this is bound A catalogue of embellished publications on the English cathedrals. [s. l.] 1837.
- Subject Terms:
- Gloucester Cathedral.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.