L'orient, or, The Indian travellers : a geographical and historical game.
- Additional Title(s):
Cover title: L'orient, or, The Indian traveller
- London : Published by David Ogilvy, at his repository for rational toys and amusements, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : hand-colored lithograph ; 56 x 75 cm, folded to 27 x 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 O7 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 O7 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title from game.
Date of publication Whitehouse.
In attached covers.
In nine sections, mounted on linen.
Imperfect? Booklet of instructions wanting?
Illustrations by James Richard Barfoot.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, pages 142-143
Whitehouse, F.R.B. Table games of Georgian and Victorian days, page 23
"A geographical and historical game comprising a map of Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia, with small views of 'Calcutta,' 'Government House, Madras,' 'Bombay Harbour,' half-length portrait of Kings and Queens and 36 illustrations of Indian historical events from 1714-1846."--Whitehouse.
- Subject Terms:
- British -- India -- Pictorial works.Educational games -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Geographical recreations -- Specimens.India -- History -- Pictorial works.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1846.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
L'orient, or, The Indian travellers : a geographical and historical game, 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.