An explanation of the works of the tunnel under the Thames, 1836
- An explanation of the works of the tunnel under the Thames from Rotherhithe to Wapping.
- London, W. Warrington, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- 16 p., 17-24 numb. leaves. 8 plates (part fold.; incl. plans) fold. map. 11 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTA820 L3 E9Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The text is substantially the same as that found in Introduction to a view of the works for the tunnel under the Thames. [London] 1835. The plates are either identical with or based on the plates found in that work.
Plates by Silvester & Co., W. Warrington, or T. Blood; some after Robert Cruikshank, M. Dixie, or R. Beamish.
One plate has an overslip.
- Subject Terms:
- Draper, George R. -- Autograph, 1856.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1836.Thames Tunnel (London, England)Tunnels -- England -- London.Warrington, W. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1836.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.