Old England's worthies: a gallery of portraits, from authentic copies, of the most eminent statesmen, lawyers, warriors, men of letters and science, and artists of our country. Accompanied by full and original biographies, with illustrative woodcuts, and twelve splendid illuminated engravings.
- London, Charles Cox, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., 272 p. col. front., col. plates, ports. 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA28 .O4+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Head-pieces by Jackson, Naseby, and Dund.
One plate by E. Jewett.
Text in triple columns.
"Printed by William Clowes and Sons."
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 59
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Subject Terms:
- Cox, Charles -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Biography.William Clowes & Sons, ltd. -- Printer.Willis, -- Provenance.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1847.
Wood engravings -- 1847.
Stipple engravings -- 1847.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.