Old England's worthies: a gallery of portraits, from authentic copies, of the most eminent statesmen, lawyers, warriors, men of letters and science, and artists of our country. Accompanied by full and original biographies, with illustrative woodcuts, and twelve splendid illuminated engravings.
- London, Charles Cox, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., 272 p. col. front., col. plates, ports. 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA28 .O4+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Head-pieces by Jackson, Naseby, and Dund.
One plate by E. Jewett.
Text in triple columns.
"Printed by William Clowes and Sons."
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 59
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Subject Terms:
- Cox, Charles -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Biography.William Clowes & Sons, ltd. -- Printer.Willis, -- Provenance.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1847.
Wood engravings -- 1847.
Stipple engravings -- 1847.