History of the city of Chester, from its foundation to the present time; collected from public records, private manuscripts, and other authentic sources. With an account of parochial and other charities, never before published; and a chronological register of important events to the year 1815. Illustrated with five etchings, by G. Cuitt.
- Chester, Printed for T. Poole, 1815 [i. e. 1816]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., iii, 334, ii p. front., plates. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 C5 P6View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Preface dated March 1816.
Preface signed I. M. B. P. This is identified as John Margaret Becker Pigot in Windle, B. C. A. Chester. London, 1903, p. 256. Other sources spell the author's last name Pigott.
Printed by T. Davison, according to the verso of the t.-p.; by John Fletcher, according to a note at the foot of p. 334.
- Subject Terms:
- Chester (England) -- History.Davison, T. -- Printer.Etching -- Specimens -- 1816.Fletcher, John -- Printer.Poole, T. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Pigott, John Margaret Becker, History of the city of Chester,, 1815 [i. e. 1816]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.