Old England's worthies , [1862?]
- Old England's worthies : a gallery of portraits, from authentic copies, of the most eminent statesmen, lawyers, warriors, men of letters and science, and artists of our country. Accompanied by full and original biographies / by Lord Brougham, and other distinguished authors.
- London : James Sangster and Co., [1862?]
- Physical Description:
- 5 p. ., vii-viii, lxxxiv, 272 p. front., ill., plates (part. col.) 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA28 .04 1862+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Published after the death of Prince Albert in 1861. A head-piece and a tail-piece are both dated 1862.
Added t.-p., engraved.
Frontispiece by C. Chabot; color plates printed by Leighton, Brothers; after J. C. Horseley, John Taylor, and E. M. Ward.
Head- and tail-pieces by or after S. Sly, R. W. Buss, Jackson, Naseby, Dund, Cleghorn, and Bonner.
Binding signed J. L. [i. e. John Leighton].
Imperfect: one leaf and a number of plates have been cut up.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Biography.Leighton, Brothers -- Printer.Leighton, John -- Bookbinder.Sangster (James) and Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1862?
Medal engravings -- 1862?
Stipple engravings -- 1862?
Wood engravings -- 1862?
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.