Penmanship in its utmost beauty and extent. A new copy-book, wherein are revived, and comprized, all the most useful, and ornamental pieces, published by the best masters in Europe. To which are added, some curious modern pieces never before extant. Collected, & engraved by Geo. Bickham.
- London, Printed and sold by H. Overton & I. Hoole & by ye engraver, 1731.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p. front., 61 plates. 25 x 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A Z1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Engraved t.-p. and dedicatory leaf included in numbered plates.
Plates by the author, Lucas Materot, Jan Vanden Velde, Zachary Chambers, Louis Barbedor, Ambrose Perling, John Seddon, John Ayres, John Sturt, Robert More, Charles Snell, George Shelley, Ralph Snow, John Clark, Thomas Ollyffe, William Brooks, Abraham Nicholas, John Bland, William Webster, and William Richards.
BAC: Rural scenes sketched in graphite on back endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Bickham, G. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1731.Hoole, I. -- Publisher.Overton, H. -- Publisher.Penmanship -- Study and teaching.
- Writing books.
Copy books (Penmanship)
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Bickham, George, 1684?-1758?, Penmanship in its utmost beauty and extent, 1731
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.