Britton, John, 1771-1857, The history and antiquities of the see and cathedral church of Lichfield;, 1820 [i. e. 1819-1820]
- The history and antiquities of the see and cathedral church of Lichfield; illustrated by a series of engravings, of views, elevations, plans, and details of the architecture of the church: with biographical anecdotes of the bishops of Lichfield and Coventry. By John Britton, F. S. A.
- London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, the author, and J. Taylor, 1820 [i. e. 1819-1820]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., -74 p. XVI plates (incl. plan) 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N87 v. 5Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- I̲n̲ his The cathedral antiquities of England. London, 1814-1835, v. 5.
British Art Center has 3 copies of The cathedral antiquities of England. Copies 1 and 3 are wanting this volume. The volume in copy 2 is imperfect: plate II is wanting. With v. 5 of copy 2 are bound 2 editions of his Preparing for publication, The history and antiquities of the cathedral church of Hereford. London, 1829; his The history and antiquities of the abbey, and cathedral church of Peterborough. London, 1828 [i. e. 1827-1828]; and his Architectural notes on Gloucester Cathedral. Gloucester, 1846. V. 5 of copy 2 also includes the author's unpublished additions to the volumes of Hereford and Gloucester.
Issued in parts, 1819-1820.
"A list of books, essays, and prints, that have been published relating to Lichfield Cathedral; also a list of engraved portraits of its bishops and deans."--p. -72.
- Subject Terms:
- Lichfield Cathedral.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.