Britton, John, 1771-1857, The history and antiquities of the metropolitical church of Canterbury;, 1821 [i. e. 1821-1823]
- The history and antiquities of the metropolitical church of Canterbury; illustrated by a series of engravings, views, elevations, plans, and details of the architecture of that edifice: with biographical anecdotes of the archbishops, etc. By John Britton ...
- London, Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, the author, and Joseph Taylor, 1821 [i. e. 1821-1823]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., ii, -110,  p. XXVI plates (incl. plans) 48 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N87 v. 7Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- I̲n̲ his The cathedral antiquities of England. London, 1814-35, v. 7.
British Art Center has 3 copies of the cathedral antiquities of England. Copies 2 and 3 are wanting this volume. Copy 1 is imperfect: plate XVI is wanting.
Added t.-p. included in collation as plate XX.
"List of books, essays, and prints, that have been published relating to Canterbury Cathedral; also, a list of engraved portraits of its archbishops."--p. -106.
Issued in parts, 1821-1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Canterbury Cathedral.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.