Britton, John, 1771-1857, The history and antiquities of the abbey, and cathedral church of Bristol;, 1836
- The history and antiquities of the abbey, and cathedral church of Bristol; illustrated by a series of engravings of views, elevations, plans, and details of that edifice; with biographical anecdotes of eminent persons connected with the establishment. By John Britton ...
- London, M. A. Nattali, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., [iii]-viii, 74 p. ill., XIV [i. e. XI] plates (incl. plans) 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5461 B7 13+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- I̲n̲ his Cathedral antiquities. London, 1816-1836, v. 13.
Added t.-p., engraved, title vignette, and illustration included in list of plates as plates XI, XIII, and XIV.
"A list of books, essays, and prints, which have been published relating to the Abbey of St. Augustine's, and Bristol Cathedral. Also a list of prints of the church, and engraved portraits of its bishops."--p. 69-71.
With this is bound his An historical and architectural essay relating to Redcliffe Church, Bristol. London, 1813; and Bristol, Eng. St. Mary Redcliffe Church. Restoration of the Church of Saint Mary, Redcliffe, Bristol. Bristol, 1842.
- Subject Terms:
- Bristol Cathedral (Bristol, England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.