Portraits, memoirs, and characters, of remarkable persons : from the revolution in 1688 to the end of the reign of George II. Collected from the most authentic accounts extant. / By James Caulfield ...
- London : Published by H. R. Young, 56, Paternoster Row, and T. H. Whitely, 103, Newgate-Street, 1819-1820.
London : W. Lewis, Printer, Finch-Lane, Cornhill.
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes : frontispiece, portraits ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT781 C3View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Provenance: This copy has autograph of N.H.C. Beresford.
BEIN 1978 1152: Provenance: This copy has bookplate of Shepard Krech.
Advertisement, volume 1, pages v-ix.
"Caulfield's 'remarkable characters' are persons famous for their eccentricity, immorality, dishonesty, and so forth."--Dict. Nat. Biog.
Vols. 3 and 4 have imprint: London, T. H. Whiteley; "Whiteley" spelled "Whitely" only in imprint of vol. 1.
"W. Lewis, printer."
Plates engraved by R. Grave, G. Cruikshank, H. Cook, and W. Maddocks; one after J. Van der Gucht.
- Subject Terms:
- Beresford, N. H. C. -- Autograph.Great Britain -- Biography.Krech, Shepard 1891- -- Bookplate.Lewis, W. -- Printer.Pytches, John Thomas, 1843-1905 -- Autograph.Pytches, Thomas, 1803- -- Autograph.Whiteley, T. H. -- Publisher.Young, H. R. -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- 1819-1820.
Wood engravings -- 1819-1820.
Engravings -- 1819-1820.
Stipple engravings -- 1819-1820.
YCBA Collections Search
Caulfield, James, 1764-1826, Portraits, memoirs, and characters, of remarkable persons , 1819-1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.