Memoirs of the late Captain Hugh Crow, of Liverpool; comprising a narrative of his life, together with descriptive sketches of the western coast of Africa; particularly of Bonny; the manners and customs of the inhabitants, the productions of the soil, and the trade of the country. To which are added, anecdotes and observations, illustrative of the negro character. Compiled chiefly from his own manuscripts: with authentic additions fromvoyagers and approved authors.
- London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green; Liverpool, G. and J. Robinson, 1830.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiii, 316 p. front. (port.) plates, fold. map. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT497 C7Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed by G. F. Harris's widow and brothers". "Printed by Harris and Co. Liverpool."
Frontispiece lithographed by W. Crane, Chester.
Map lithographed by Baird's.
- Subject Terms:
- Africa, West -- Description and travel.Crane, W. -- Printer.Crow, Hugh, 1765-1829.Harris and Co. -- Printer.Harris, G. F. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1830.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green -- Publisher.Robinson (G. and J.) -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Crow, Hugh, 1765-1829, Memoirs of the late Captain Hugh Crow, of Liverpool;, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.