St. George, Henry, Sir, 1625-1715, Somerset visitation, 1623 .., 1842
- Somerset visitation, 1623 ...
- [Middle Hill] Typis Medio-Montanis, 1842.
- Physical Description:
- 5 p. ., 152 p. 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232 M5 case 4 no.132+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- I̲n̲ Middle Hill Press. A collection of works printed at Middle Hill.
Title from laid in t.-p.'s (not included in pagination) for parts I and II. The t.-p. for part II follows p. 108; the t.-p. for part I precedes a second t.-p. reading: The visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 with additions from earlier visitations and continuations by R. Mundy. Typis Medio-Montanis impressit C. Gilmour, 1838.
"It was at first intended merely to print the original visitation of 1623, Harl. MSS. no. 1141 [taken by Henry St. George and Samson Lennard under Camden] ... A few continuations are given to the visitation of 1623, from R. Mundy's copy, in the British Museum, Harl. MSS. no. 1559. The other MSS. from which this has been compiled are Harl. MSS. 1385, 1145, and 1445. Withio's copy."--Pref.
"Pedigree of Byam": 2 leaves, and note explaining its insertion, dated 1842, laid in.
British Art Center has 2 proof copies. Copy 2 consists of loose sheets of part 2 only.
- Subject Terms:
- Byam family.Gilmour, C. -- Printer.Heraldry -- England -- Somerset.Middle Hill Press -- Publisher.Somerset (England) -- Genealogy.Visitations, Heraldic -- England -- Somerset.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.