The Art journal illustrated catalogue. The industry of all nations, 1851.
- Additional Title(s):
The Art journal.
- London, Published for the proprietors, by George Virtue 
- Physical Description:
- 24 parts in 16. plates, ill. 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT690 A7+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Published 1851, according to the English Catalogue of Books.
"Bradbury and Evans, printers."
Head and tailpieces, initials, by W. H. Rogers.
Plates and illustrations by or after Luke Limner, G. & E. Dalziel, G. P. Nicholls, W. G. Mason, W. & W., J. W. Whimper, I. S. H., Geo. Measom, C. C., P. L. D., G. & C. Wall, Van Linden, F. Roffe, F. R. Roffe, E. Roffe, R. A. Artlett, J. Jr., W. Roffe, W. H. Mote, G. R. Hall, J. H. Baker, J. Brown, R., Childs, and Pierdon.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is in parts in the original wrappers with advertisements printed on the back covers. Copy 1 has an added t.-p., engr. Copy 2 is in 1 vol., bound by Bone & Son, and has the bookplate of M. L. Caley. In copy 2 the added t.-p. and plates are wanting. Copy 2 has an engraved frontispiece that does not appear in copy 1. Copy 2 has  p. of advertisements at the end.
- Subject Terms:
- Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Caley, M. L. -- Bookplate.Decorative arts -- Exhibitions.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)Virtue, George -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1851.
Stipple engravings -- 1851.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.