O full true un pertikler okeawnt, 1864
- O full true un pertikler okeawnt o wat me un maw mistris seede un yerd wi' gooin to th' Greyte Eggshibishun e' Lundun, e' eyghtene hundurth un sixty two, printed oer ogen fro th' "Rachde Observer," ... 'lustrayted wi' o rooke o pratty pikters; containing loikewoise o dikshunayry ... be o felley fro Rachde ...
- Rachde, Printed be Wrigley un Son; 1864
Lundun, Sowd be Hamilton, Adums and Co.; 1864
Manchester, Abel Heywood un John Heywood [etc., etc.] 1864
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. ., [v]-viii, 108 p. front., ill. 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT691 .O4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The following Brochure is intended to give a representation of the Lancashire Dialect, as spoken in the neighbourhood of Rochdale, and with various though slight modifications, throughout the district of South Lancashire."--Cf. Introduction.
First published in a series of letters in the "Rochdale Observer".
Frontispiece and illustrations by R. Langton; after Fred. Holding.
- Subject Terms:
- English language -- Dialects -- England -- Lancashire -- Texts.Hamilton, Adams and Co. -- Publisher.Heywood, Abel -- Publisher.Heywood, John -- Publisher.International Exhibition (1862 : London, England) -- Anecdotes.Wrigley and Son -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1864.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.