Ellis, William, 1794-1872, Polynesian researches,, 1829
- Polynesian researches, during a residence of nearly six years in the South Sea Islands; including descriptions of the natural history and scenery of the islands - with remarks on the history, mythology, traditions, government, arts, manners, and customs of the inhabitants. By William Ellis ...
- London, Fisher, Son, & Jackson, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. fronts. (incl. port.) ill., plates, maps (part fold.) 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU510 .E46Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Henry Fisher, Son, and P. Jackson, printers."
Frontispieces have imprint: H. Fisher, Son & Co.
Frontispieces, plates, and maps by Woolnorth, John Henry. Robinson, Benjamin Winkles, and J. Davies; after John & Charles Walker, Robert Smirke, Capt. Robert James Elliot, R. N., W. Le Petit, and F. Finch.
- Subject Terms:
- Bayntun -- Bookbinder.Ethnology -- Polynesia.Fisher (H.) Son & Co. -- Publisher.Fisher (Henry) Son -- Printer.Fisher, Son, & Jackson -- Publisher.Jackson, P. -- Printer.Polynesia -- Description and travel.
- Wood engravings -- 1829.
Engravings -- 1829.
Stipple engravings -- 1829.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.