Britton, John, 1771-1857, Cathedral antiquities, 1816-1836
- Cathedral antiquities.
- London, M. A. Nattali, 1816-1836.
- Physical Description:
- 13 v. ill., plates, plans. 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5461 B7+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from engraved half-titles.
A made up copy. Imprint varies: v. 1 and 2 published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, the author, and J. Taylor; v. 3 published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, the author, and J. Taylor; v. 4 published by Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, the author, and Joseph Taylor; v. 5 published by Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and T. Longman; remaining volumes published by M. A. Nattali.
Text of v. 2, 4, and 5 printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick. Text of v. 3 printed by C. and C. Whittingham, Chiswick. Text of v. 6-13 printed by Marchant.
Plates in v. 1 and 2 printed by Hayward and Cox & Barnett. Plates in v. 3 printed by Cox & Co. and Hayward. Plates in v. 4 printed by Barnett & Son, Barnett, and Hayward.
Illustrative matter by J. Thompson, R. Roffe, Henry Le Keux, J. Roffe, Edm. Turrell, James Lewis, Wm. Findlay, T. Ranson, John Le Keux, J. Scott, C. Askey, R. Sands, S. Rawle, A. Pugin, W. Wallis, Varrall, R. Roose, T. Higham, Jas. Redaway, W. Taylor, G. Gladwin, W. Woolnoth, S. Williams, E. Gladwin, J. Lambert, W. Deeble, H. Winkles, W. Winkles, J. Carter, Wm. Smith, S. Noble, H. Hobson, Branston, Wright, John Cleghorn, Wm. Radclyffe, G. Hollis, Rhodes, T. Williams, and G. F. Storm; after R. Cattermole, F. Mackenzie, Henry Bassett, Wm. Radclyffe, Edw. Blore, J. Britton, John Adey Repton, J. Scott, C. F. Porden, A. Pugin, G. Cattermole, S. Rayner, H. Shaw, J. Martin, H. Gastineau, Joseph Gandy, T. H. Clarke, W. H. Bartlett, C. Hacker, T. Hearne, R. Kitton, R. W. Billings, J. D. Harding, C. Kitton, S. Templeton, T. Baxter, G. L. Taylor, Edw. Cresy, P. Gandy, H. Ansted, T. Uwins, E. W. Garbett, H. C. Edwards, Joseph Potter, Thos. Johnson, T. Wyatt, I. S. Cotman, C. Moore, J. Carter, Willis, and Brooke.
BAC: British Art Center copy extra-illustrated with photographs and prints.
- V. 1. Norwich. 1816.--v. 2. York. 1819 [i. e. 1818-1819]--v. 3. Wells. 1824 [i. e. 1823-1824]--v. 4. Hereford. 1831 [i.e. 1830-1831]--v. 5. Worcester. 1835 [i. e. 1832-1835]--v. 6. Canterbury. 1836.--v. 7. Salisbury. 1836; and Peterborough. 1836.--v. 8. Oxford. 1836.--v. 9. Winchester. 1836.--v. 10. Lichfield. 1836.--v. 11. Exeter. 1836.--v. 12. Gloucester. 1836.--v. 13. Bristol. 1836.
- Subject Terms:
- Britton, John -- Publisher.Cathedrals -- England.Church architecture -- England.Hunnewell, James Frothingham, 1832-1910 -- Bookplate, 1902.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Marchant -- Printer.Nattali, M.A. (Michael Angelo) -- Publisher.Whittingham (C. and C.) -- Printer.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1816-1836.
Wood engravings. -- 1816-1836.
Engravings -- 1816-1836.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.