The tourist in Italy / by Thomas Roscoe ; illustrated from drawings by ...
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Published for the proprietors, by Robert Jennings and William Chaplin, 1831-1833.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : fronts., plates. ; 21-26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG426 R7Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- 1831 edition illustrated by S. Prout; 1832-1833 editions by J. D. Harding.
Added engraved series title pages: The landscape annual.
Plates by Wm. Wallis, R. Wallis, Westwood, J. Lewis, Jas. Carter, Tombleson, H. Jordan, Woolnoth, W. Miller, Barber, J. Redaway, F. J. Havell, Fenner, Thos. Higham, James B. Allen, S. Fisher, T. Jeavons, W. R. Smith, J. Smith, J. T. Willmore, J. C. Varrall, R. Brandard, J. Henshall, W. Radclyffe, E. Goodall, J. H. Kernott, and Freebairn.
Vol. 1 printed by Thomas Davison; vols. 2-3 printed by J. Haddon.
Plates in vols. 1-2 printed by Fenner, Sears & Co.; plates in vol. 3 printed by Lloyd & Hennings.
- Subject Terms:
- Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Provenance.Chaplin, William -- Publisher.Clements, Henry J. B. (Henry John Beresford), 1869-1940 -- Bookplate.Colville, J. -- Pres. insc. to Mr. Thomas.Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1831-1834.Fenner, Sears & Co. -- Printer.Haddon, J. -- Printer.Hawkins, William Bentinck Lethem, b. 1803 -- Provenance.Holbrow, Teunis Vanarsdale -- Bookplate.Italy -- Description and travel.Jennings, Robert -- Publisher.Thomas, Mr. -- Pres. insc. from J. Colville.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.