A Book of favourite modern ballads, 1860
- A Book of favourite modern ballads. Illustrated with fifty engravings, from drawings by the first artists.
- London, W. Kent & Co. (Late D. Bogue) 1860.
- Physical Description:
- xiii,  p., 1 leaf, 167,  p. incl. front. ill. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1181 B7Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Borders and decorations by Albert H. Warren.--Cf. McLean, p. 85.
Illustrations after Birket Foster, Percival Skelton, J. C. Horsley, Edward Duncan, G. H. Thomas, E. H. Corbould, Samuel Palmer, C. W. Cope, W. J. Grant, Edwin Weedon, G. E. Hicks, Harrison Weir, George Dodgson, William Harvey, D. H. Friston, and A. Solomon.
"Edmund Evans, engraver and printer."
Preface signed: J. C. Identified as Joseph Cundall by Ruari McLean in Joseph Cundall, a Victorian publisher. Pinner, 1976, p. 85.
Added t.-p., ill.; gilt borders.
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 110-111
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Evans, Edmund -- Printer.Kent (W.) & Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1860.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.