IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
A Book of favourite modern ballads, 1860
A Book of favourite modern ballads. Illustrated with fifty engravings, from drawings by the first artists.
- London, W. Kent & Co. (Late D. Bogue) 1860.
- Physical Description:
- xiii,  p., 1 leaf, 167,  p. incl. front. ill. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1181 B7View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Borders and decorations by Albert H. Warren.--Cf. McLean, p. 85.
Illustrations after Birket Foster, Percival Skelton, J. C. Horsley, Edward Duncan, G. H. Thomas, E. H. Corbould, Samuel Palmer, C. W. Cope, W. J. Grant, Edwin Weedon, G. E. Hicks, Harrison Weir, George Dodgson, William Harvey, D. H. Friston, and A. Solomon.
"Edmund Evans, engraver and printer."
Preface signed: J. C. Identified as Joseph Cundall by Ruari McLean in Joseph Cundall, a Victorian publisher. Pinner, 1976, p. 85.
Added t.-p., ill.; gilt borders.
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 110-111
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Evans, Edmund -- Printer.Kent (W.) & Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1860.
Color Printing in England, 1486-1870 (Yale Center for British Art, April 20, 1978-June 25, 1978) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.