Home beauties, as communicated to the author of The imperial guide by some of the royal family, the nobility, gentry, &c. for an illuminated appendix to that work ... dedicated by permissio[!] most obedient servt. I. Baker.
- [s. l., J. Baker, 1804]
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. ., , 17-26 p. col. plates. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA11 B3 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA11 B3 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 8
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy and is in the original wrappers with a label reading: Imperial guide. Copy 2 is uncolored and wants the text and 9 plates found in copy 1. However copy 2 has 11 plates not in copy 1. Copy 2, which has the autograph of Ivor Glynne Jones, is in the original boards with a label reading: Picturesque plans.
An appendix to his The imperial guide, London, 1802.
Certain plates dated 1803 and 1804.
Following 4 unnumbered pages labelled "Index to vol. 1", the text begins in the middle of a sentence on p. 17 and ends in the middle of a sentence on p. 26.
Plates by or after J. Wright, T. Richards, T. Jones, J. Bluck, J. Jeakes, T. Bluck, Wells, I. Baker, E. H. Locker, Miss Mildmay, and J. Ibbetson.
- Subject Terms:
- Baker, J. -- Publisher.Baker, James, topographer. Imperial guide.Etching, colored -- Specimens -- 1804.Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Jones, Ivor Glynne -- Autograph.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1804.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.