Views of mighty London ... First [-Second] series ...
- London, Read & Co.; [ca. 1854]
Paris, H. Mandeville [ca. 1854]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1. col. fronts., col. plates, col. ports. 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D26View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, Scenery, 252 (Abbey copy)
No more published.
Published ca. 1854. One plate depicts the new Crystal Palace at Sydenham, which opened in 1854.
Cover-title: Mighty London or The world's metropolis.
Includes many views of the Great Exhibition of 1851.
Plates by Redaway, Patten, Le Petit, Wrightson, Albutt, Clark, Wood, W. Lacey, Chavanne, Allan, Mainwaring, Grieffeld, W. Wallace, Hopkins, Lambert, and Alais; after Read, T. H. Shepherd, Brown, T. H. Jones, Read, Wrightson, Mason, Lambert, Patten, Chavanne, and Clark.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)London (England) -- Pictorial works.Read & Co. -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- ca. 1854.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- ca. 1854.
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- ca. 1854.
- vol. 1. Public buildings, streets, parks, etc.--vol. 2. Environs and royal palaces.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.