The world's metropolis, or Mighty London, Illustrated by a series of views beautifully engraved on steel. Of its palaces, public buildings, monuments & streets, from original drawings by Thomas H. Shepherd, Esqr. To which is added a comprehensive history from the earliest period to the present day.
- London, Published for the proprietors [by Read & Co., 1855]
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. ., 236,  p. front. (port.) plates (part col., part double) port. 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 W6+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, Scenery, 253 (Abbey Copy)
Several plates dated 1855.
Engraved t.-p. with vignette.
Includes many views of the Great Exhibition of 1851.
Plates by Lacey, Wrightson, Chavanne, Clark, Albutt, Le Petit, Wood, Allan, Patten, Alais, H. S. Barnard, Redaway, Lambert, W. Wallace, Hopkins, and Mainwaring; after Read, Shepherd, Chavanne, Clark, T. H. Jones, Lambert, Patten, Williams, Brown, Mason, and Wrightson.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)London (England) -- Pictorial works.Read & Co. -- Publisher.
- Lithotints -- 1855.
Stipple engravings -- 1855.
Engravings -- 1855.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.