The world's metropolis,, 1855]
- The world's metropolis, or Mighty London, Illustrated by a series of views beautifully engraved on steel. Of its palaces, public buildings, monuments & streets, from original drawings by Thomas H. Shepherd, Esqr. To which is added a comprehensive history from the earliest period to the present day.
- London, Published for the proprietors [by Read & Co., 1855]
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. ., 236,  p. front. (port.) plates (part col., part double) port. 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 W6+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, Scenery, 253 (Abbey Copy)
Several plates dated 1855.
Engraved t.-p. with vignette.
Includes many views of the Great Exhibition of 1851.
Plates by Lacey, Wrightson, Chavanne, Clark, Albutt, Le Petit, Wood, Allan, Patten, Alais, H. S. Barnard, Redaway, Lambert, W. Wallace, Hopkins, and Mainwaring; after Read, Shepherd, Chavanne, Clark, T. H. Jones, Lambert, Patten, Williams, Brown, Mason, and Wrightson.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)London (England) -- Pictorial works.Read & Co. -- Publisher.
- Lithotints -- 1855.
Stipple engravings -- 1855.
Engravings -- 1855.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.