The castles and abbeys of England, from the national records, early chronicles, and other standard authors. By William Beattie ... Illustrated by upwards of two hundred engravings.
- London, Virtue and Company [between 1852 and 1856]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. fronts. (incl. port.) ill., plates. 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA660 B36 1852Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- According to Todd, the publishers used the form of name present between 1852 and 1856.
"Printed by J. S. Virtue and Co."
Illustrative matter by John Rodgers, T. Gilks, J. W. Archer, E. Evans, G. P. Nicholls, J. Jackson, C. Gray, Allen, Mason Jackson, J. W. Whimper, J. Wakefield, H. Adlard, Linton, J. Godfrey, C. Nicholls, G. & C. Wall, Walmsley, H. J. Jackson, Orrin Smith, J. Hinchliff, C. C., A. Willmore, G. Dalziel, Edward Radclyffe, F. C. Delamotte, C. Cousen, E. Brandard, J. C. Bentley, S. Bradshaw, W. Deeble, and S. T. Davis; after Henry Room, C. F., T. A. Allom, J. W. Archer, G. F. Sargent, W. L. Archer, W. B., Lonsdale, Backler, R. Herman, W. H. Prior, H. Rimbault, W. H. Bartlett, Tiffin, W. A. D., E. J. Roberts, W. Beattie, and Dugdale.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbeys -- England.Castles -- England.Virtue (J. S.) and Co. -- Printer.Virtue and Company -- Publisher.Walker, M. S. -- Provenance, 1883.
- Wood engravings -- 1852-1856.
Engravings -- 1852-1856.
YCBA Collections Search
Beattie, William, 1793-1875, The castles and abbeys of England,, [between 1852 and 1856]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.