Italy, classical, historical, and picturesque. , [1847?]
- Italy, classical, historical, and picturesque. : Illustrated in a series of views from drawings by Stanfield, R. A., Roberts, R. A., Harding, Prout, Leitch, Brockedon, Barnard, &c. &c. With descriptions of the scenes. Preceded by an introductory essay on the recent history and present condition of Italy and the Italians / by Camillo Mapei ...
- Glasgow, Blackie and Son, [1847?]
Edinburgh, Blackie and Son, [1847?]
London : Blackie and Son, [1847?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., ii, 2, CVIII, 160 p. front., plates. 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG420 I88+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Publishers' preface dated 1847.
Added t.-p., engr., with vignette.
"The essay was written by Dr. Mapei in Italian, and has been translated into English by David Dundas Scott": p. ii (note)
"W. G. Blackie and Co., printers."
Title vignette and plates by J. Cousen, H. Adlard, J. T. Willmore, R. Brandard, W. Richardson, A. Willmore, J. Carter, T. Higham, T. Jeavons, W. H. Capone, R. Wallis, T. A. Prior and J. Godfrey; after J. D. Harding, H. Corbould, W. L. Leitch, Geo. Barnard, W. Brockedon, W. Turton, C. Stanfield, Adm. Sartorius, J. B. Allen, Charles Fellows, Richard Ford, J. Davenport, Esq., Jr., D. Roberts, C. L. Eastlake, Wolfenberger, W. Nugent Dunbar, Sir T. D. Acland, Bart., Capt. Sir George Back, R. N., Mrs. J. Davenport, Mrs. Mott, Sir Francis Chantrey, S. Prout, W. Cowen, Capt. W. Allen, R. N., Mrs. Gilly, and J. W. Appleton.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackie (W. G.) and Co. -- Printer.Blackie and Son -- Publisher.Italy -- Pictorial works.Tomkinson, Michael, 1841-1921 -- Bookplate, 1894.
- Etchings -- 1847?
Medal engravings -- 1847?
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.