Prospectus of a work, (the first part of which will be published on the first of August next) to be entitled, The interregnum; or A history of the civil wars in Great Britain, from their commencement, in the seventeenth year of King Charles I. to the restoration of King Charles II. By John Aikin, M. D.
- [London, between 1812 and 1819]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. 27 cm. (in case 29 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA425 P68+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A prospectus. The work itself was never published.
Dated by comparing the list of publishers given at the foot of p. 2 with entries in Maxted.
The engravings were to have been by John Greig, after George Arnald.
"J. M'Creery, printer."
- Subject Terms:
- Aikin, John, 1747-1822. Interregnum.Arnald, George, 1763-1841.Great Britain -- History -- Commonwealth and Protectorate, 1649-1660.Greig, John, fl. 1806.M'Creery, J. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.