The theory and practice of painting in water colours, as connected with the study of landscape; with hints on perspective; on pencilling; on the arrangement of objects for pictorial effect; on light and shade; and on the harmony of colour; etc., etc. By G. F. Phillips ...
- London, Charles Tilt, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., 34 p. 14 plates (part col.) incl. front., diagrs. 26 x 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 89 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 89 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 165
BAC: Advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: "Clarke, printers."
BAC: Plates by the author, after R. G. Reeve.
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy and is bound by Bone & Son.
MUDD WE 3223: Poor condition.
- Subject Terms:
- Bone & Son -- BookbinderClarke -- PrinterEngraving -- Specimens -- 1838Etching -- Specimens -- 1838Landscape painting.Tilt, Charles, 1797-1861 -- PublisherWatercolor painting.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1838
YCBA Collections Search
Phillips, G. F. (Giles Firman), 1780-1867, The theory and practice of painting in water colours,, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.