Haydon, Benjamin Robert, 1786-1846, Lectures on painting and design .., 1844-1846
- Lectures on painting and design ... By B. R. Haydon ...
- London, Printed for Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1844-1846.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. fronts. (v. 2, port.) illus., plates (partly fold.) 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1135 .H4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Errata slip inserted.
Some plates by W. Bromley, the author, or C. B. Leighton; one after Wilkie.
Vol. 1 "printed by Manning and Mason;" vol. 2 "printed by Wilson and Olgilvy."
- v. 1.Origin of the art. Anatomy the basis of drawing. The skeleton. The muscles of man and quadruped. Standard figure. Composition. Colour. Ancients and moderns. Invention.--v. 2. Fuzeli. Wilkie. Effect of the societies on taste. A competent tribunal. On fresco. Elgin marbles. Beauty.
- Subject Terms:
- Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans -- Publisher.Manning and Mason -- Printer.Painting.Stormont, M. Scott -- Autograph.Wilson and Ogilvy -- Printer.
- Lithotints -- 1844-1846.
Wood engravings -- 1844-1846.
Etchings -- 1844-1846.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.