Fores's moving panorama, or Optical illusions, giving life and activity to inanimate objects. A nut for philosophers to crack.
- [London, S. W. Fores, 1833-34]
- Physical Description:
- 11 col. disks. 23 cm., in case 26 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 F57+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- In stiff covers, and with wooden handle, as issued.
Title from cover; imprint from disks.
The present copy probably includes disks from more than one set. An advertisement on p.  of the covers states that sets consisted of six disks.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 74
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Subject Terms:
- Etching, colored -- Specimens -- 1833-1834.Fores, S. W. -- Publisher.
Recreations -- Great Britain.