Costumes of India / by Sir Charles D'Oyly Bart. ; XII plates.
- [Patna, India] : Printed at the Lithographic Press, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : lithographs ; 26 x 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT1460 D6+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Lithographed throughout, including the mounted title page.
"C. D'Oyly delt. January 1830."--Title page.
Plates by or after Charles D'Oyly and George Chinnery.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter blue leather and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- India.Costume -- India.India -- Description and travel.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
- A Hindoo man of rank eating pawn [i.e. paan]
- A Seah-Gosh or lynx & his keeper
- An Assaburdar or long silver stick bearer
- Fishers of small fry
- Female attendants
- A Bheesty or water carrier
- A Chokeydar or police officer
- An Hujaum or barber
- A Samporea or snake-catcher
- Hindoo women preparing fuel
- Brahmins at a Toolsee altar
- Ordbhawn or Hindoo Fakeer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.