Burnet, John, 1784-1868, Practical hints on composition in painting, 1865
- Practical hints on composition in painting. Illustrated by examples from the great masters of the Italian, Flemish, and Dutch schools. By John Burnet ...
- 7th ed.
- London, J. & J. Leighton, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p. ., -31 p. 9 plates. 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1475 B8 1865+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Strangeways and Walden, printers."
Advertisement: 1 leaf at end.
Plates by the author; after himself, Cuyp, P. Potter, Claude, A. Ostade, Reubens, P. De Laer, Terburg, Rembrandt, Metzu, Corregio, Raffaelle, Guido, B. West, Domenichino, and D. Wilkie.
Also published as part 2 of a work, by the author, with title: A treatise on painting, in four parts.
- Subject Terms:
- Composition (Art)Etching -- Specimens -- 1865.Leighton (J. & J.) -- Publisher.Painting -- Technique.Strangeways and Walden -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.