Analysis of ornament. The characteristics of styles: an introduction to the study of the history of ornamental art; being an outline of a course of sixteen lectures on that subject, originally prepared for the government schools of design in the years 1848, 1849, 1850. By Ralph N. Wornum.
- London, Chapman and Hall, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- 112 p. front., ill., plates (1 fold.) 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1175 W8Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With several bibliographies of "Illustrated literature."
"Printed by G. Barclay."
Illustrative matter by or after E. Sheldrick, M. Rees, M. A. Sulman, A. F. F., G. Halliday, J. F. Swallow, A. Finden, H. M. S., G. Mateaux, M. M. Hutton, S. A. Wheeler, and H. M. Sparling. "The engraved cuts ... have been chiefly executed ... by the female students of the Wood-engraving Class at Marlborough House."--p. iv.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Barclay, G. -- Printer.Chapman and Hall -- Publisher.Decoration and ornament.
- Wood engravings -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.