Practical hints on colour in painting. Illustrated by examples from the works of the Venetian, Flemish, and Dutch schools. By John Burnet ...
- 5th ed.
- London, James Carpenter, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- ix p., 1 leaf, 64 p. 8 col. plates. 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1488 B8 1843+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates after Titian, P. Veronese, Rubens, Vandyke, P. DeHooge, A. V. Ostade, Rembrandt, and A. Cuyp.
"Chiswick: Printed by C. Whittingham."
Also published as part 4 of a work, by the author, with title: A treatise on painting, in four parts.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter, James -- Publisher.Color -- Study and teaching.Etching, colored -- Specimens -- 1843.Painting -- Technique.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Burnet, John, 1784-1868, Practical hints on colour in painting, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.