Account of the Skerryvore lighthouse, with notes on the illumination of lighthouses; by Alan Stevenson ... By order of the Commissioners of Northern Lighthouses.
- Edinburgh, Adam and Charles Black; 1848.
London, Longman and Co., 1848.
- Physical Description:
- x p., 2 leaves, -439,  p. front., ill., XXXIII plates (3 fold.; incl. charts, plans) diagrs. 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTC375 S82+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- BAC: Plates by William Miller, W. Johnston, A. K. Johnston, G. Aikman, and W. H. Lizars; after James Andrews, Walter H. Ferrier, G. H. Slight, and J. L. Kerr.
BEIN 1977 +259: 34 x 27 cm.
BEIN 1994 +63: Bookplate From the library of Robert LouisStevenson at Viilima. Typed note pasted in: This most interesting book was agift to F.F. Longley from his very dear relative, Miss Virginia Lynch, about1930. Now, in July, 1944, it is a gift from F.F. Longley to his son, John F. Longley. Binder's ticket of Banks, Jr. Edinburgh.
"Printed by Neill and Company."
- Subject Terms:
- Adam and Charles Black (Firm) -- Publisher.Douglas family -- Bookplate (BAC)Longman and Co. -- Publisher.Neill and Company -- PrinterSkerryvore lighthouse.
- Aquatints -- 1848.
Binders' tickets (Binding) -- Banks, Jr.
Wood engravings -- 1848.
Engravings -- 1848.
YCBA Collections Search
Stevenson, Alan, 1807-1865, Account of the Skerryvore lighthouse, with notes on the illumination of lighthouses;, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.