Landseer, John, 1769-1852, Twenty engravings of lions, tigers, panthers, & leopards,, 1823
- Twenty engravings of lions, tigers, panthers, & leopards, by Tho. Landseer from originals by Stubbs, Rubens, Rembrant [!] Reydinger, Spilsbury, & Edwin Landseer, with an essay on the carnivora by J. La[ndseer]
- London, I. & H. L. Hunt & J. Landseer, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. ., 35 p., 1 leaf. 20 plates. 27 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A Q4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Etched t.-p.
"Printed by John Tyler."
Plates by J. Landseer and Thos. Landseer; after Edwin Landseer, E. Spilsbury, Thos. Landseer, Rubens, Reydinger, and Stubbs.
Printed label on cover with title: Landseer's carnivorous quadrupeds.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1823.Hunt (I. & H. L.) -- Publisher.Hunt (J. & H. L.) -- Publisher.Landseer, J. -- Publisher.Lions -- Pictorial works.Tigers -- Pictorial works.Tyler, John -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.