Brady, John Henry, The visitor's guide to Knole, in the county of Kent , 1839
- The visitor's guide to Knole, in the county of Kent : with catalogues of the pictures contained in the mansion, and biographical notices of the principal persons whose portraits form part of the collection / by John H. Brady, F.R.A.S.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Guide to Knole.
- Sevenoaks [England] : Printed by and for James Payne; London : Sold by Simpkin & Marshall, and J. R. Smith, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 258,  pages,  leaves of plates, ( folded) : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.K7 B7 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.K7 B7 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.K7 B7 Copy 3Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Thomas Bonner.
Contains fold-out genealogical chart of the Sackville family.
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 152
List of subscribers: p. -258.
BAC: British Art Center has three copies. Copy one bound in contemporary diced calf. Armorial bookplate: Rupert Gunnis. Contains MS notes, publisher's advertisements  pages at end and list of subscribers.
BAC: Copy 2 [18 cm] bound in contemporary green watered silk. Gilt title on front cover: Guide to Knole. Lacks publisher's advertisements and list of subscribers present in copies 1 and 3. Bookplate of Essex Institute Library of Francis Peabody. Lacks genealogical chart of the Sackville family present in copies 1 and 3.
BAC: Copy 3 [18 cm] bound in contemporary quarter calf with marbled boards. Contains publisher's advertisements  pages at end and list of subscribers.
- Subject Terms:
- Architcture, Domestic -- England.Country homes -- England -- Sevenoaks.Essex Institute Library of Francis Peabody -- Bookplate.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Knole House (Kent, England) -- Guidebooks.Payne, James -- Printer.Sackville family.Smith, J.R. -- Publisher.
Engravings -- 1839.
Wood engravings -- 1839.
Publisher's advertisements -- 1830.
Subscriber's lists -- England -- Sevenoaks -- 1839.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.