Remarkable antiquities of the city of Exeter: giving an account of the laws and customs of the place; the offices, court of judicature, gates, walls, rivers, churches, and immunities; the titles and privileges of the several corporations, and their distinct coats of arms finely engraven on copper-plates: with a catalogue of all the bishops, mayors, and sheriffs, from the year 1049, to 1677. Originally collected by Richard Izacke, esq; ...
- The 3d ed., now very much enlarged, and continued to the year 1724, by Samuel Izacke, esq; ... To which is also added, a new and correct map of the said city with a prospect of the cathedral, curiously engraven on copper plates: and the freeman's oath, both honorary and common.
- London, The author, 1734.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. ., iii, 25, , 50-69, 213,  p. front., ill., (coats of arms) fold. plate, fold. plan. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 E9 I9 1734View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Plates by and after Sutton Nicholls and J. Harris.
Head and tail-piece.
- Subject Terms:
- Exeter (England) -- History.Izacke, Richard -- Publisher.Rossall, John H. -- Bookplate.
- Etchings -- 1734.
YCBA Collections Search
Izacke, Richard, 1624?-1698, Remarkable antiquities of the city of Exeter, 1734
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.