The history and antiquities of Shrewsbury: from its first foundation to the present time. Containing, a recital of occurrences and remarkable events, for above twelve hundred years. With an appendix, containing several particulars relative to castles, monasteries, &c. in Shropshire. By T. Phillips ...
- Shrewsbury, Printed and sold by T.Wood; 1779.
London, Sold also by G. Robinson, 1779.
- Physical Description:
- 244 p., 1 leaf. front., 13 plates. 1 fold. table. 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 S58 P5Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center copy is imperfect: fold. table wanting.
Plates by Hollingworth; after S. Lowry.
List of errata after appendix.
"The book was, to a large extent, the work of a Mr. [James] Bowen of Halston, Shropshire."--Dict. Nat. Biog.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Shropshire.Etching -- Specimens -- 1779.Monasteries -- England -- Shropshire.Robinson, G. -- Publisher.Shrewsbury (England)Shrewsbury (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1779.Wood, T. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Phillips, Thomas, d. 1815, The history and antiquities of Shrewsbury, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.