The history and antiquities of the parish of Hammersmith : interspersed with biographical notices of illustrious and eminent persons, who have been born, or who have resided in the parish, during the three preceding centuries / by Thomas Faulkner ...
- London : Nichols & Son, J. Weale, E. Page, T. S. Rayner, and Simpkin, Marshall & Co., 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 1, [v]-xiv, , 446 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA685.H2 F2 1839 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA685.H2 F2 1839 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece published by T. Faulkner.
Illustrations by Burrows, B. R. Davies, and S. W.
Printed by Wilsher and Pite, Printers, Chelsea, Old Manor Street.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of Rupert Sackville Bwynne and is inscribed by the author to Samuel Tymms. Copy 2 has the bookplate of Phil Lindsay.
BAC: List of subscriber's: p. [ix]-x.
- Subject Terms:
- Faulkner, T. -- Publisher.Faulkner, Thomas, 1777-1855 -- Pres. insc. to Samuel Tymms. (copy 1)Gwynne, Rupert Sackville, 1873-1924 -- Bookplate. (copy 1)Hammersmith (London, England)Lindsay, Phil -- Bookplate. (copy 2)Nichols & Son -- Publisher.Page, E. -- Publisher.Rayner, T. S. -- Publisher.Simpkin, Marshall & Co. -- Publisher.Tymms, Samuel, 1808-1871 -- Pres. insc. from the author. (copy 1)Weale, J. -- Publisher.Wilsher and Pite -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1839.
Wood engravings -- 1839.
YCBA Collections Search
Faulkner, Thomas, 1777-1855, The history and antiquities of the parish of Hammersmith , 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.