Practical hints on light and shade in painting. Illustrated by examples from the Italian, Flemish, and Dutch schools. By John Burnet ...
- London, Printed for the proprietor, and sold by James Carpenter and Son, 1826.
- Physical Description:
- vi p., 1 leaf, 45 p. VIII plates. 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1135 B8+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Advertisements:  p. at end.
Plates after Rembrandt, Vandyke, Metzu, Titian, G. Dow, Corregio, P. Nolpe, Cuyp, P. Potter, A. Vandivelde, Claude, J. Ostade, Hondekooter, Wouvermans, Teniers, and Frank Hals.
Printed by C. and C Whittingham, Chiswick.
Later published as part of a work, by the author, with title: A treatise on painting, in four parts.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter (James) and Son -- Publisher.Cleaver, Eliza -- Autograph, 1827.Elliot, Charles Henry -- Pres. insc. to James Elliot, 1863.Elliot, James -- Pres. insc. from his brother Charles Henry, 1863.Etching -- Specimens -- 1826.Painting.Shades and shadows.Whittingham (C. and C.) -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Burnet, John, 1784-1868, Practical hints on light and shade in painting, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.