A familiar, pleasing, and interesting essay on the curious structure, the varied colours, and preservation of the human hair; embracing a copious description of its growth ... observations, moral, philosophical, and scientific, with extracts from the most celebrated authors. Forming at once an agreeable companion for the toilet.
- 2d ed., By Alexander Rowland, Jun. ...
- London, Printed for the author; and sold by him, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p. ., [vii]-xiii p., 2 leaves, 110,  p. ill., 1 plate. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQM488 R6View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Added t.-p., engr., from 1st ed.
"Printed by J. Evans and Son."
Plate by W. Solomon; after A. Rowland, Junr.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1817.Evans (J.) and Son -- Printer.Hair follicles.Hair.Rowland, Alexander -- Publisher.Sherwood, Neely, and Jones -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Rowland, Alexander, A familiar, pleasing, and interesting essay on the curious structure, the varied colours, and preservation of the human hair;, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.