IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Burnet, John, 1784-1868, A treatise on painting, 1837
A treatise on painting. In four parts ... The whole illustrated by examples from the Italian, Venetian, Flemish, and Dutch schools. By John Burnet ...
- London, James Carpenter, 1837.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. in 1. ill., plates (part. col.) 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1135 .B77+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Each part has also been published separately, and has special t.-p. and pagination.
Plates by John Burnet; after A. Cuyp, Raffaelle, Masaccio, Reynolds, Rembrandt, James Burnet, P. Potter, A. Ostade, Claude, Rubens, P. deLaer, Metzu, Terburg, Corregio, Guido, Domenichino, B. West, D. Wilkie, Vandyke, Titian, G. Dow, P. Nolpe, A. Vandivelde, Teniers, P. Veronese, and P. de Hooge.
Some illustrations by Marx Hart.
"Printed by C. Whittingham."
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter, James -- Publisher.Painting -- Study and teaching.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1837.
Wood engravings -- 1837.
- An essay on the education of the eye with reference to painting ...2d ed. 1839.--Practical hints on composition in painting ... 5th ed. 1836.--Practical hints on light and shade in painting ... 5th ed. 1838.--Practical hints on colour in painting ... 4th ed. 1835.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.