A treatise on painting. In four parts ... The whole illustrated by examples from the Italian, Venetian, Flemish, and Dutch schools. By John Burnet ...
- London, James Carpenter, 1837.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. in 1. ill., plates (part. col.) 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1135 .B77+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each part has also been published separately, and has special t.-p. and pagination.
Plates by John Burnet; after A. Cuyp, Raffaelle, Masaccio, Reynolds, Rembrandt, James Burnet, P. Potter, A. Ostade, Claude, Rubens, P. deLaer, Metzu, Terburg, Corregio, Guido, Domenichino, B. West, D. Wilkie, Vandyke, Titian, G. Dow, P. Nolpe, A. Vandivelde, Teniers, P. Veronese, and P. de Hooge.
Some illustrations by Marx Hart.
"Printed by C. Whittingham."
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter, James -- Publisher.Painting -- Study and teaching.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1837.
Wood engravings -- 1837.
- An essay on the education of the eye with reference to painting ...2d ed. 1839.--Practical hints on composition in painting ... 5th ed. 1836.--Practical hints on light and shade in painting ... 5th ed. 1838.--Practical hints on colour in painting ... 4th ed. 1835.